Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Urban Element Cafe & Lounge






Urban Element for Lunch!
 9th and Pennsylvania


This place has been around for a few years now and has really made an impact on the restaurant seen in the area around where I work. In fact, a couple of months ago, the owner, Steve, opened up a new location a few blocks away at the corner of Alabama and Massachusetts Ave. My wife and I went there the other day and it’s first class… but that’s for another review.





Anyway, I’ve been waiting forever to write a review about this place. My coworkers and I come here all the time for great “lunch-grub.” Check it out.

Today we came in about 12:30 p.m., so the lunch crowd was in full swing. There was some cool Jazz and Bossa Nova music on the stereo and it felt great to get in from the sweltering heat.

For a small restaurant, Urban Element has quite an extensive menu. Here’s their Chalk Board Menu above the counter and then a copy of their lunch menu.

Looks pretty good, Huh?

My friend Solomon and I ordered and were given a number, so the servers could bring us our food when it was ready.

We got our drinks and our orders were out within 10 minutes.
I ordered one of my favorite burgers today…
the Black and Bleu burger with fries.




The burgers always satisfy here. They have a charred and crispy edge to them and the toppings and cheeses always bring out a great flavor in the beef.








Solomon ordered a hamburger with cheddar cheese, mustard and ketchup. He said he loves their burgers because, “It's like eating a meatloaf.”




Needless to say, we didn't have any problem finishing our meals...








The place has a nice atmosphere, and a busy lunch crowd.
There’s a beer and wine selection as well.
Before we left to go back to the office, I picked up a piece of h
omemade strawberry cake for dessert. Take a look at this…

Special Remarks: The owner really caters to the Indy scene. He recently replaced the flooring with all hard wood, so on the weekends people can come for dancing. Every time I'm there I see a flyer advertising new acts in town. We have yet to go visit on a Friday or Saturday night, but I’m looking forward to it. I’ll let you know what happens.

Urban Element Cafe & Lounge on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Man, that's one hot review! Very impressive! Four stars! Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete